I am a litigation partner at Glaister Ennor working closely with the firm’s property teams. I specialise in providing legal advice and support on all aspects of resource management, local government, and unit titles law.
My particular areas of expertise are:
- advising and representing clients on resource management matters
- advising and representing clients on unit titles and body corporate issues
- conducting due diligence and attending to Overseas Investment Act matters; and
- negotiating for landowners under the Public Works Act.
I advise landowner and developer clients on all aspects of land development under the Resource Management Act 1991 and related legislation. I provide legal advice and support in respect of resource consent applications, plan changes, development contributions, and pre-purchase due diligence. My work includes representing applicants and submitters at council hearings and before the Environment Court.
I have developed a particular interest in unit titles law. I advise bodies corporate, unit owners, and body corporate managers on their respective rights and obligations under the Unit Titles Act. I also prepare and negotiate body corporate management and property management agreements. And, I have appeared in the Tenancy Tribunal and High Court in respect of unit title disputes. My work also includes advising on remedial works issues, operational rules, and governance issues.
I often provide advice on the application of the Overseas Investment Act to proposed property acquisitions. In conjunction with the firm’s property teams, I carry out due diligence associated with the acquisition and disposal of property.
I advise and negotiate on behalf of landowners and occupiers whose land is being acquired under the Public Works Act and have appeared in the Land Valuation Tribunal.
Matters that I have worked on include:
- providing strategic advice in respect of proposed subdivisions and land use consent applications
- representing applicants and submitters at council hearings and in the Environment Court for resource consent applications and private plan change requests
- representing submitters at council hearings and in the Environment Court in respect of council - initiated and private plan changes
- advising bodies corporate and unit owners on their rights and obligations under the Unit Titles Act including governance issues
- representing bodies corporate in unit titles disputes before the Tenancy Tribunal
- obtaining reinstatement schemes under section 74 of the Unit Titles Act for bodies corporate involved in significant remedial works projects
- advising on and drafting building management agreements and variations to building management agreements for bodies corporate
- advising on and drafting body corporate operational rules
- preparing and assisting with applications for consent to acquire sensitive land under the Overseas Investment Act
- preparing and assisting with due diligence reports relating to the acquisition of residential and commercial properties, development sites including significant coastal properties and Slipper Island
- acting for landowners in respect of the acquisition of land by NZTA and local authorities for roading projects including the Newmarket Viaduct, Waterview Connection, City Rail Link, and West Kinloch Arterial, State Highway 1 widening and the Matakana Link Road; and
- advising landowners in respect of neighbour disputes relating to trees, shared driveways, and fences.
I endeavor to provide practical and pragmatic advice which enables my clients to achieve their goals.
"Vicki is a Partner who does not share liabilities of the partnership."
Area of Expertise
|DDI:||+64 9 914 3501|
|Mobile:||+64 21 537 547|
|V-Card:||Click here to download|
|DDI:||+64 9 356 8243|