Ah Song Sunwoo
I am a solicitor in the Corporate and Commercial team at Glaister Ennor and advise clients across a wide range of industries. With over 8 years’ experience and an additional 2 years working as a policy advisor in central government, I take a holistic approach to our clients’ matters. I seek to anticipate their needs and deliver solutions that are pragmatic and future proofed.
My clients include small and medium enterprises, publicly listed companies, franchisors, property developers and individual investors.
Having worked previously in general private practice and in the public sector, I am able to see the big picture when working on a multi-faceted transaction, drawing on a wide body of knowledge to provide considered and comprehensive advice to our clients.
My experience includes:
- Setting up limited partnerships and nominee companies to operate under the Financial Markets Conduct Act regime
- Providing strategic advice for corporate restructures including shareholder agreements and joint venture agreements
- Drafting legal documentation for angel investors and start-up companies including term sheets, and subscription and shareholders’ agreements
- Setting up and drafting documentations for employee share schemes
Mergers and acquisitions
- Advising on all aspects of a transaction involving the sale of a nation-wide business
- Conducting vendor due diligence investigations on a large Trans-Tasman business in a share sale, and producing a due diligence report for potential purchasers
- Acting on various acquisitions and dispositions of both business assets and shares
- Acting for a developer on a large development funding transaction including coordinating the provision of due diligence information on pre-sale agreements and negotiating terms of the loan and security documentation
- Acting for consumer finance companies in drafting consumer finance contracts and layby terms and advising on compliance with consumer finance legislation
- Acting for various lenders and borrowers on small and large scale asset financing transactions
Commercial terms, leases and contracts
- Assisting an offshore retail chain in establishing a presence in New Zealand, including advising on commercial property lease agreements across multiple sites
- Advising on terms and conditions of service or sale for clients conducting business online and offline
- Reviewing, drafting and advising on distribution and supply agreements
- Acting for a franchisor in setting up new or renewing existing franchises including attending to disclosure requirements
Given my wide breadth of experience and understanding of various areas of the law, I am able to provide advice that is effective, balanced and timely. I maintain an unrelenting focus on delivering excellent outcomes for our clients.
Area of Expertise
LLB(Hons)/BA; LLM (Corporate and Commercial)
English, Korean 한국어
|DDI:||+64 9 914 3529|
|Mobile:||+64 21 832 382|
|V-Card:||Click here to download|
|DDI:||+64 9 356 8243|