Tim Jones Partner
“I head the firm’s Land Development and Property team and as a partner at Glaister Ennor for over 30 years I have extensive experience advising clients in residential and commercial property transactions. This includes major land development projects in the Auckland area and nationally. I am frequently called to give expert evidence in relation to property and conveyancing issues.
I was a member of the Government working party / advisory group assisting the DBH on the redrafting of the Unit Titles Act 2010 and its regulation. This included providing papers on key aspects of the new approach for unit title land ownership in New Zealand under the new Act. I particularly enjoy drafting and providing advice on legislation both in an advisory capacity and as a member of various NZLS committees . I have been involved with the Auckland District Law Society Incorporated committee drafting the standard form Agreement for Sale and Purchase of land and business. I was also involved with the drafting of the plain English form of the REINZ Standard Agreement for Sale and Purchase and the redrafting of the Auction agreement and Tender code.
I have acted for many developers and purchasers of Auckland property and apartments, including numerous overseas purchasers. I also act for bodies corporate as my experience covers all aspects of unit title ownership and the operation of body corporate governance, rules and functions.”
- Vice President of the Auckland Branch of the NZLS. Until recently member of the executive of the NZLS Property Law Section and I continue to be involved as Convener of the Land Titles System Technical Committee.
- Presenting numerous seminars on subdivision, building contracts, land title process and electronic registration throughout New Zealand on behalf of the NZLS.
- Providing subdivision and land development advice to the 3 largest land developers in Auckland over the years and for developers around New Zealand.
- Advising key property industry organisations on property transactions.
- Advising Real estate agencies on property transactions and statutory compliance.
- Acting on the development and sale of apartment buildings, including structuring as hotels and other accommodation management arrangements.
- Providing advice on the new features of the Unit Titles Act 2010 and its regulations to unit titles secretaries , bodies corporate and owners around New Zealand.
- Working in conjunction with the Resource Management team to assist in, and advise on, land development issues.
- Appearing in the High Court and other tribunals giving expert evidence on Land Law and property transactions.
|Area of Expertise||
Property & Real Estate
|Specialisation:||Land development, bodies corporate, real estate agency compliance|
|DDI:||+64 9 356 8238|
|Mobile:||+64 21 922 664|
|V-Card Download:||Click Here|