Vicki Ohms Consultant
“I have more than thirty years’ experience as a lawyer, the last twenty five with Glaister Ennor (more recently as a Consultant to the firm) offering expert advice in the areas of commercial and property law. I am involved in a wide variety of commercial transactions encompassing the diverse legal requirements of large corporate multi-national companies through to locally owned “grass root” businesses .
I enjoy meeting the challenges of creating solutions to client problems and I enjoy working alongside clients to achieve practical and positive outcomes. I believe that clear and concise communication skills are an essential aspect of legal practice and this is reflected in my legal advice to clients and in documenting legal transactions.
During my legal career I have advised on most areas of law. For the last 20 years my practice has been predominantly concerned with commercial law and commercial property transactions. As an experienced member of Glaister Ennor’s commercial team I advise on all aspects of law affecting closely held companies, company structuring, financing, commercial property transactions, commercial leasing and commercial contracts. I also have a special interest in the law relating to personal property securities.
I enjoy acting for many clients in their personal capacities outside of their day to day business activities including advising in relation to wills and trusts.”
- Advice to shareholders of an Australian engineering business regarding the acquisition of similar New Zealand based businesses.
- The restructuring of the custodial companies of one of New Zealand’s leading publicly listed property trusts, including amalgamation under the Companies Act 1993.
- The acquisition and development of investment properties and assisting with the legal requirements of managing a comprehensive and diversified portfolio of prime office assets nationwide owned by a New Zealand property trust.
- Advising an overseas based property investment company in relation to the acquisition and leasing of its New Zealand property portfolio.
- Advising on the acquisition of additional care facilities by a leading New Zealand senior care provider.
- Advising a New Zealand wide retail chain in relation to its Terms of Trade and credit protection mechanisms under the Personal Property Securities Act 1999.
|Area of Expertise||
Corporate & Commercial
Property & Real Estate
|Specialisation:||Personal Property Securities Act|
|DDI:||+64 9 356 8237|
|V-Card Download:||Click Here|