Julia Leung Solicitor
"I practice in the areas of banking and finance, property, commercial law and trusts. I have developed expertise acting for clients in relation to complex commercial and business transactions. I advise both lenders and borrowers on financing transactions with particular expertise in mortgagee’s remedies and issues arising out of security and other financial arrangements, including under the Property Law Act 2007.
I also have valuable experience in property related transactions, including general conveyancing, subdivisions, body corporate matters, rectifying defective title, dealing with unauthorised building works issues and commercial leasing transactions and contracts.
I endeavour to provide clients with objective legal advice and always consider my clients’ best interests and commercial needs when acting on their behalf.
I speak Cantonese and Mandarin and can read and write Chinese"
- Advising lender clients on complex financing transactions, particularly security arrangements in multi-party lending and refinancing transactions.
- Managing security arrangements and enforcements on behalf of mortgagees, particularly ensuring compliance with the Property Law Act.
- Advising private clients on financing transactions including borrowing from financial institutions and private financiers.
- Administering multi-million dollar asset restructures and refinance transactions and negotiating with government authorities over the terms and conditions of the sale and purchase of land under the Public Works Act.
- Advising clients on commercial transactions, including the purchase and establishment of franchised businesses.
- Advising on the establishment of a business which acquired the exclusive distribution rights in New Zealand for a unique imported frozen dessert.
- Providing legal advice to the publishers of pre-printed legal forms, in particular in relation to amendments to their standard form of lease documents.
- Acting for clients in relation to hotel operator leases, registered ground leases and property management agreements.
- Acting for clients in relation to debt collection and disputes.