Deirdre Norris Partner
"I have been practising law for over 25 years and for most of that time have been with Glaister Ennor.
I have always enjoyed the practice of law as it touches the lives of people in so many different ways. I like to think that in some small measure we share in the triumphs, but equally the trials and tribulations of our clients. The culture of Glaister Ennor has lent itself to this kind of legal practice, as we have long term relationships with clients, both at the corporate and at the personal level. Even though many aspects of legal practice have altered dramatically as technology has developed, this particular feature of what Glaister Ennor offers has remained at the core of the service we provide.
My areas of expertise lie in the field of commercial and property law. In particular, I have developed experience in Overseas Investment Act Approvals, Commercial leasing, forestry documentation, mergers and acquisitions, financial service provider and financial advisor law, property syndication and technology."
- Overseas Investment Act approvals - Successfully procuring significant investment in New Zealand interests by several international corporates, including NZ King Salmon and Whitford Forest Holdings Company.
Commercial leasing - Acting for many property developers involved in the construction of high quality commercial buildings and the ongoing management of the subsequent leasing of those properties. In particular I have developed a long standing working relationship with one of Auckland’s foremost pioneering construction companies.
With more emphasis being placed on environmentally sustainable construction methods, I have been involved in transactions tailored to meet strict Greenstar rating standards.
- Forestry documentation - Acting for a significant forestry owner, with expertise in many aspects of law pertaining to forestry, including the establishment of forestry rights, forestry leases, structuring of forestry transactions and related legal work. A recent transaction involved a significant purchase of several thousand hectares of prime freehold forestry land in the Hawkes Bay region.
- Mergers and acquisitions - Acting on a large number of M&A transactions, including joint venture tenders involving international parties and layered facility funding structures.
- Financial service provider and financial adviser law - Providing expert advice in this area, normally as part of the compliance requirements associated with other transactions such as securities offerings. I have been responsible for ensuring compliance with the recent legislation by a number of entities active in this area.
- Property syndication - Establishing structures offering property syndication in the market and I have been instrumental in the set up structure and management arrangements of over 15 commercial property syndicates with a current worth in excess of $120m.
- Technology - Although technology is not a primary focus, dealing with many kinds of technology contracts.
Deirdre is a Partner who does not share liabilities of the partnership.
|Area of Expertise||
Corporate & Commercial
|Specialisation:||Overseas Investment Act, commercial leasing, forestry documentation, mergers & aquisitions, financial service compliance.|
|DDI:||+64 9 356 8235|
|Mobile:||+64 27 268 0338|
|V-Card Download:||Click Here|
Karen Brown (Mon/Thurs/Fri)